Ilse Jacobsen Rain128 Soft Shell Raincoat
An elegant A-line raincoat in a relaxed cut with many beautiful design features – styled on the popular Rain71 light true rain raincoat, but with the classic fleece-backed soft shell fabric from Ilse’s Rain07 and Rain37 styles – a blend of the best from the Danish designer and set to be a classic!
The Rain128 is a soft-shell version of the popular Rain71 style, a loose-fit, A-line shape with lovely design details. The soft shell fabric is one of Ilse Jacobsen's classic waterproof and breathable fabrics, with the fleece backing providing warmth for cooler days. This style is a relaxed fit for the size, allowing modest layering for cold days. Style features include:
- Two front/side zip pockets
- Waterproof two-way YKK zip front fastening
- Side hem poppers
- Popper adjustment at cuff
- Removable hood with draw cord adjustment
- Strap and popper to rear of hood to adjust volume of hood
- Waterproof to 5000mm, taped seams and breathable to 3000g/m2
This style is crafted from Ilse Jacobsen's lovely fleece-backed soft shell fabric. The soft shell fabric is a three-layer composite consisting of a shell fabric over a waterproof and breathable TPU membrane, with a soft fleece on the inside adding comfort and warmth. The fabric features a unique and subtle cylinder print on the surface, which is treated with an Ecorepel © dirt and water repellent surface treatment for added durability and functionality. The Ecorepel © treatment is environmentally sound, being fluorocarbon-free and biodegradeable. Through highly qualified craftsmanship, all seams are sealed with matching tape, the fabric is OEKO-TEX 100 certified and has become iconic for the Ilse Jacobsen rainwear selection.
TPU, or thermoplastic polyurethane, is both waterproof and breathable due to its contruction with micropores; the pores are small enough to keep water droplets out, but large enough to allow body moisture to evaporate away.
For reference, the EU38/UK12 measures as below, laid flat:
- Chest (pit to pit): 54cm / 21"
- Waist (level with top of pocket): 58cm / 23"
- Hips (level with bottom of pocket):63cm / 25"
- Back length: 101cm / 40" (note the back is 8cm or 3" longer than the front)
- Sleeve length: 48cm / 18.5"
Sizes vary by approximately 2cm each in the chest/waist/hips, and by less than 1cm in length. Additional measurements are below:
Ilse Jacobsen's general size guide is below: